Thursday, June 08, 2006

Pometonica Bradidium

robert Z and i still trade poetry... he sent me an electronic mail the other day
with the title "i am quitting breakfast" he was just sending me news about
his day to day and it turned into these poems:

j:
i am quitting breakfast
smooth rain running
over rough glass
i am quitting breakfast
rough thoughts searching
over smooth legs
i am quitting breakfast
say hello to the day for me

r:
rough telegraph

peppermill balloons
belching under
clouds on the run
soft expiration

wet newspaper
stuffed in the mouths
of bulls
sea foam blood
gasping collapse

a frayed extension cord
dangled
down a drain
arm wrestling a fuse

my money
a rubber hammer
an ironing board
used to surf

I quit breakfast
and the no use mutalation
and roosters
flash frozen

a day
fairly named: pinata
needing
a clear the bleachers
hello

j:
i never got the message
lines gave way to
shifts and cracks along
surfaces used for standing
with all the lights of treason
championing my imperfection
i had to guess
what it was you wanted
what it was you needed
what it was you gave away
a whispered word and
touch along the shoulder
an apology from deep
inside my guts
a length of rope long enough
to tie our hearts apart
i read it in the news today
you skipped for the other coast

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?