Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Previous Poem

just looking at some old poetry in the hopes
of spurring me on to new heights... here is
one of mine from the Braided Poems collection
between robert Z and myself:

Blue Brook/Red Rapids

Lips moving without a sound
the bank of my skull
is filled with elevator small talk
I don't remember how to ask for anything
I put all my prayers in a dumbwaiter
sent them up to God
they should reach him by the next century
if the lines don't give out
I lost a bet with a horse
he said the reason I work long hours is:
expensive shampoo and detergent that really gets the filth out
looks like I'll have to eat some crow
What do sheep count to make them sleep so innocent
doves circling overhead with a pearly gleam
they're sick and tired of stumping for peace
oily feathers stick together
Hurt makes me want to go and hurt
and I have a mandate of hate from the masses
I have chipped talons and a bloody beak
the peace blue brook turning to red rapids

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?