Monday, October 03, 2005

Just shy of BLUE in Rocktober!

had a terrific weekend
friday night show at the ant was ill attended, however
great times were had at 7 Brothers... talked for a while
with Brian Wilson (who to my dismay was drinking
vodka and vermouth and trying to pass it off as a martini)
ended up back at the ant for more revery and late night
pass outs. couldn't quite make Sinatra's Five O'clock Blue.
saturday the levee broke and people flooded into the ant
for a sold out show. nice energy and all around good times

Sunday night... nora and i had tickets for the sold out
White Stripes concert (thanx Hawk). what an amazing show
at the Masonic Temple in Detroit. Jack White is saving
Rock and Roll from a certain demise. an all out tour de force
of energy, blues, soul and ROCK.
who'd have thought that the Young Doctor's (Stephen Blackwell)
uncle would be the new Rock and Roll Messiah!!!

just crack a bottle of Old Florida and have a great week!!

Comments:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
Are you kidding me? You saw White Stripes? Barf! *insert hurling noise*
"I've been thinking about the doorbell when you gonna ring it, when you gonna ring it" Barf! What a lame song. Oh, sorry, this is all relative to my opinion, but this was the last place I would have thought that I would have read about going to a White Stripes concert.

Way to capitalize on the 'Levee breaking' metaphore, and 'people flooding' ... you kidding me? You're sick!

Anywho, glad you saw Brian. I saw that you stopped my my blog on xanga a few times and forgot to comment. Especially about the Social Distortion concert, and getting my picture taken with Pat Hughes! You told me like two months ago, that you'd be out here before Brian & Michelle in September. Where were you? I was thinking about the doorbell, when you gonna ring it...

Lastly, I saw that Bob Mould is playing tow shows in Chicago. I was excited. I think that I am going to go.

Wait, that wasn't the last thing that I had to say...

My Attitude, Su Casa
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
hey aaron
not sure where your blindness is coming from but, surely if you had seen the show live... you would have been at the altar and your soul would be saved! Best rock and roll i have ever seen. and i've seen alot. i missed mould here in detroit, had a show.
read it in the newspaper or ask your girlfriends... The White Stripes are saving rock and roll from bland mediocrity!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?