Tuesday, August 16, 2005

FOUR VOICES

Joel:

in this i have you
only
the earth is a tear factory
where ever feet pass
burning the souls
to again be made pure
only
the sky is laughter
where blue touches mountains
rolling down hills
to wash over me
only
these possessions are flowers
where time becomes work
to have and to have
all property: illusion
only
in this i have you

Robert:

my days
each morning waking
only one less
tear
and smile
crowded saline
over pearlessence

they talk of a stream underground
conveying the dead
reaching from their shoulders
love's architecture
pine tops
razoring the reserve

now
in double
in triple vision
until the dim
trails in charcoal lines
"pull" called when ready
on the trigger
scatter the diamonds
before they land

the fuse of the soul stretched from end to end
is used to hang the wardrobe turning to wrinkles

all the seas have names
the drowning remains the same

love lives in electricity passing overhead
strikes
with dirt in your hair

house of mud
heat
then porcelain
our shards
our sharpest edge

behind me
you have given me
behind me
by you
always in front

tell me
about
yourself
the same
as tomorrow

Hawk:

take courage in yourself
and in the sky
is full of love
wholly
like thunder
she came to my heart
as quiet as lightning
she drifted off to sleep
barely
in my arms
in the moonbeams
mixed with candlelight
broadway looking on
soley
the rivers running
along both sides of the single bed
children's books
on the window ledge
simply
here we are stranded up high
suspended by the fear
look down the wing of the bird
soaring beside you
utterly
is full of love
and in the sky
take courage in yourself

Nora:

what are we worth
our weight in wounds
strips of exposed flesh
from neck to heal
another day another lash.

while you sleep
i stand before broken down cardboard
and in each hand
i hold a thousand dollars worth
designer property
i do not want
i hope
i drop
not on purpose
and break to leak and
coat the gray dust floor with
the sweet stench of emptiness
and glass
and so prove the illusion of
this whip.

while i sleep
i dream i stand before a bony face
i look down into my pouch filled with the dollar
divided by six point seven and
i look up to find
a thousand bony faces before me
waiting for
what i cannot give.

what could i give
only
that which glows in
silver lining
aligning this hot august cloud
we swim through
together.

who has brought this joy
that i may lie dizzy
in dry fan air
and drowsily
i laugh

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
I loved all of these poems. Very inspirational. Great work all.

This morning I am taken advantage of
Everything I own I must now purchase

I want to reclaim the world as mine
I will pursue a way to shrink it small enough to wrap my arms around

Afraid of losing my grip I pour glue on my hands
But this glue is not strong enough today, maybe tomorrow

Great blue ball spinning out of control
Do you know how sane we are down here?
 
thanks dan...
i like your response as well
i love poems that use "glue"
i really do!
 
Check this out. This is the guy from Descent of The Holy Ghost Church. playing this saturday in AA, btw.

beautiful. Oldham-esque.

Chris Bathgate

http://www.myspace.com/chrisbathgate
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?